Wednesday, May 11, 2011

New Rocky Mountain Rifle just in time for Africa!

Just in time for Africa at the end of the month, my new ,338WM is done. I wasted no time in heading over to Corlane's picking it up and I'll have a new Zeiss scope on it tonight. Tomorrow I'll shoot it at the range, I have some Hornady 185 grain Superformance to try.
The rifle started life as a 300 wm, I had Greg and Rod put a 24"#5 spiral fluted Hart barrel on it and a beautiful McMillan classic stock. The custom color by Greg is called African Red Sand and I really like it. Sandi has a custom build in the works with Rod and Greg right now and is casting covetous eyes upon my color choice.
Topped with the Talleys the beauty tipped the scales 7 pounds 14 ounces, just under the 8 pounds I was hoping for.




No comments: