Monday, April 15, 2013

Tired of Waiting



Getting a bit tired of being ignored by the government. My morning letter to McQueen.

Dear Honourable Diana McQueen:

I was hoping to have heard back from you regarding the pack dog issue by this point in time. I am writing a column on the subject for the June edition of Alberta Outdoorsmen magazine and my deadline for submitting the piece is growing near and I was really hoping to share some good news with my readers. I would welcome the opportunity to hear your thoughts on this before I complete the column but I would need to hear from you prior to April 26.

I would hate to have nothing to report after three years other than nothing has been done on this issue despite constant reassurance by your staff that they were working diligently on it. I feel this issue has been nothing but a victim of a well orchestrated bureaucratic shuffle. It’s amazing how when your staff takes a personal interest in an issue how it can be expedited through the process in a matter of days but when they don’t it lingers in the limbo of bureaucracy for years.

Thank you for your attention to this matter and I anxiously await your reply.

Respectfully,
T.J. Schwanky

No comments: