Sunday, January 18, 2009

Wood Day!

With the weather finally above zero the lure of the woods was too much so Sandi and I loaded up the old brown dog and the chainsaw and headed out for some birch firewood. The snow was too deep at our usual spot so we cruised until we found some that was accessible. It wasn't big nor plentiful but in an hour we had enough of a jag to have made the trip worth while. On the way out I commented that with the weight on and the new tires I bet I could go good in the deep snow. Believing my own theory I pushed the big Ford down the next snow covered road and we did go good, real good and got all the way to stuck. The 15,000 lb Ramsey winch made short work of the task and as we were driving away Sandi asked me what I was smiling about. I replied that it had been a good while since I had made a dumb decision that lead to getting stuck, so long that my M.A.N. card was in danger of expiring! LOL








We had a great day I and I hope some of you got the chance to enjoy the outdoors today too!.



2 comments:

Tom said...

Rich, You were out in the freezing cold chopping wood with your loyal dog. Your Man Card cannot be in jeopardy for that.

OfficialManCard.com

Rich Mellon said...

Never knew there was such a thing... here I thought I was being original! LOL