Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Range day for Matt

Well this morning I was out of bed early to head to the woods to get a big ol load of birch wood. On the way home I couldn't resist a chance to hit the range.
I'm shooting a Sako A7 chambered in .270 WSM, with Talley lightweight rings/bases and a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14X44 with a Rapid Z 800 reticle. I just got the long range set up back from Corlane's gun shop. They had fluted the barrel, skeletonized the action, pillar bedded the stock, and lightened up the trigger. So needless to say I have been dying to shoot it. After getting it zeroed at 200 yards and dialing in the scope in to my ammo, it was time to see what this thing could do. Right from the 250yrd chicken to the 550yrd Ram this thing was on fire. To say I was impressed would be a huge understatement. Man I cant wait till November 1st.




No comments: