Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bighorn Ram down!

Two years ago my son Matt carried a camera in the mountains for me on a sheep hunt. I promised him I'd do the same and this year the bill came due.
In a grueling 4 day trek we covered over 50 kilometers with packs that ranged from 80 pounds (light!) to 120 pounds! And gained and lost thousands of feet of elevation daily. The entire trip made us poster childern for ``If you are going to be stupid you better be tough!
At 7:50 on opening day Matt`s dream came true when he knocked this gourgeous full curl ram off the mountain. A quick range with the Zeiss RF binos and at 300 yards Matt made a perfect shot with my Rocky Mountain Rifle. Watch the entire adventure on the new season of Outdoor Quest TV.

1 comment:

Vanessa Harrop said...

Congratulations Matt! What an awesome ram!