Monday, November 24, 2008

Sheep Season Day 4


I put the truck in park and shut it off in the access parking lot. From the dark outside I could hear the rocks driven by the wind ricocheting off the side of the Ford. Great! A crappy start to the day and it only got worse. It usually takes Matt and I 30 minutes to get across the Hot Rocks to the top of the Gregg River. Today it took an hour, fighting the insane wind all the way. Matt and I climbed Slaughter anyway and never saw an animal that wasn't a tiny speck at 10x. There are no sheep on Slaughter or the Hot rocks right now.

2 comments:

Dan Mosier said...

I have seen more fresh snow in the mountains in July than what you guys have came across. What a strange year.

Rich Mellon said...

This spot is the Hot rocks and between wind and the heat the snow never stays, but yes there is very little snow especially compared to 2006!