Monday, November 1, 2010

Buck Down


Well today was the rifle opener for whitetails and Elk in the zone I am hunting. I had gained a bunch of permission from land owners but to my down fall I was unable to get a good pre scout in. So off I went this morning regardless. Lots moving around 3 doe's at first light. Then it seemed like everywhere I went there were scrapes starting. A couple of small bucks worked their way across the feild. As they left and nothing else came out I decided to go for a hike. I spotted this buck tending a scrape. And was able to make a good shot. The A7 and Rapid Z get their first big game animal. Im headed back out tomorrow.


Matt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome man, congrats!!

On another note, the guys at the office have started up Movember, so I'll have the power of the 'stash for the hunts coming up.

Cant wait to see an elk when ya find one!