Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Northern Spot and Stalk Day 3

Well tonight started off with some quick action. I had one small boar spotted within minutes from the truck, watched him for a while and got some good video. Soon after I went on to spot another bear on a reclaimed road covered in clover. At about 2130 I was headed down a clover covered pipe line when I noticed a bear about 550 yards off the bear looked good real good. Going into ultra sneak mode I got in about 50 yards from the bear. While getting the camera set up I notice some movement to my right and sure enough its cubs. 3 of this years 10lb cubs are about 35 yards from mom playing at the base of a large poplar tree. I watched and filmed the bears for a while then made my way out with out being detected. I went on to see one more small sow and with fading light I made my way back to the truck. I was pretty excited as I came around the last bend 500 yards from the truck when I spotted 2 more bears feeding on clover I could tell right away one was a good bear. But with only 3 minutes of legal light left (by my watch) It was much to dark for the camera and cutting it to close for my comfort. I watched the bears eat their way back into the woods. I'm certain this is the same boar and sow from the other night. I just hope they give me one more shot tomorrow as I'm back to work on Thursday.
Oh and on a side note all the fur is looking in great shape for this time of the year.
Matt

No comments: