Friday, June 10, 2011

Northern Spot and Stalk



Well it was the 4th and final night of my spot and stalk hunt. Again I was spotting bears right from the very start. Seems as though the bears were just starting to get into the mating season and move around. I saw 7 adult bears and 3 cubs for a total of 10 bears in 3 hours. They all seem to be feeding on the clover and young dandelions. I had a great stalk on one young boar being only 15 yards from him he had no idea I was there. great looking bear with a wide V shape white blaze from shoulder to shoulder across his chest. I almost pulled the trigger but images of the big boar wouldn't let me do it. So I gathered some great video and headed out in search for more bears. As the evening was ending I came across two more small bears a few miles apart. I never did see the large bore again. I got to the truck mosquito ravaged and wore out. I poured a coffee and made the 5.5 hr drive home in the dark. I will most definitely be back out next year. But for now its back to work and almost time to start scouting for sheep.


Matt

No comments: